Sunday 20 January 2013

KFC Twister Max


A new product released for Aussie summer at KFC is the Twister Max.  The Twister Max is a wrap with grilled chicken, lettuce, tomato (which I had removed), chorizo, cheese, hash brown, BBQ sauce and mayonnaise.


I apologise for my lousy photos, I did my best to show the product and its contents :)  I have always liked KFC Twisters, but part of the love is for the crispy fried chicken which I probably would have preferred in this instance (but not great for the Calorie count).

Speaking of Calorie counts, in Australia, fast food restaurants are required to post the energy content of their products on the menu.  KFC has found a sneaky little trick of using a low Calorie drink (Pepsi Max) when calculating the energy content of their combos.  So, if you're watching your Calories, don't forget to add extra if you get a full sugar drink.


On the whole I would say the Twister Max is definitely worth a try.  I had a bit of confusion during the first few bites as I had assumed the chorizo was bacon.  Once I worked out it was chorizo, I realised what an awesome addition it makes, I hope other fast food groups follow up on this.  I also loved the addition of the hash brown.  Although the Twister Max has many different ingredients, they all work well together.

Rating: A bonus point for the use of chorizo, one point off for using grilled chicken, 7/10

1 comment:

  1. I tried the (non-BLT) Twister Max last week and quite enjoyed it too. I thought the hash brown was a great addition!

    ReplyDelete