Saturday 15 September 2012

McDonalds's Serious Lamb Burger

Sorry to my loyal readers for going missing in action, between a laptop meltdown and move interstate I've had trouble posting (although continued sampling!), but I'm back on deck now.


My first review to catch up on is the Serious Lamb Burger, which has been around in Australian McDonalds for about a month now.


The Serious Lamb Burger comes with egg, tomato, beetroot, lettuce, onion, garlic aoli and ketchup.



The burger is seriously big by "family restaurant" standards, I usually have no trouble putting away a Big Mac or Quarter Pounder, I was starting to feel the pain about half way through this burger. So while the Lamb Burger is more expensive than the standard fare, you won't come away hungry. The taste of the lamb is quite strong though, so if you're not a fan then probably steer clear of this offering (or try the Lamb Taster, a smaller wrap, instead).


The real highlight of this burger was the garlic aoli, I could drink buckets of the stuff and it cut through the fatiness of the lamb well. Overall I was impressed but it could do with a few minor improvements. I thought the egg was overkill, a thick rubbery fried egg didn't really add to the magic or work with the overall flavours.

Rating: A great new addition, must be hungry 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment