Saturday 29 September 2012

Hershey's Zero Bar


Having dinner one night at Misty's Diner (the best American-style food in Melbourne), I spotted the Zero Bar amongst the standard American candy bars. I was instantly intrigued by the flavour description of "caramel, peanut and almond nougat covered with white fudge". Doing a bit of research, I was quite surprised to find out that the Zero Bar, which I had never seen before, has been around since 1920.


Upon opening the wrapper, the bar instantly grabs your attention with the white "fudge" coating on the outside. The flavour delivers exactly as advertised, and while I enjoyed it I found the white fudge (which tasted more like low-grade white chocolate to me) overpowered the taste of the nougat, caramel and peanuts.

Rating: Unique in a good way, 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment