Wednesday 4 July 2012

Hubba Bubba Mystery Flavor Bubble Tape


From my readings of overseas blogs, the latest trend in candy is the production of a "mystery" flavour.  At my favourite local sweet shop that sells candy from around the world, I picked up this roll of Hubba Bubba Mystery Flavor Bubble Tape and had a little trial with some of my work mates.


Before I go on to our verdict, I will note that I haven't actually looked it up to see what flavour it is meant to be.  The concensus at work was that it was sour blueberry, in fact we agreed to the point where it wasn't so much "mystery flavor" opening a long discussion and debate over what it was, but rather "kind-of obvious flavor" where the first person said blueberry, and everyone immediately agreed.

Aside from the mystery aspect, the flavour was rather nice.  I love that hubba bubba taste, the sweetness of real sugar in a gum product and the perfect amount of sourness to keep my tastebuds happy.

Rating: Little mystery but a great chew none-the-less, 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment